I received the Liebster Blog Award from Jane Fritz. She always has something meaningful to read on her blog, which focuses on her lifetime experiences and thoughts. I’m honored that she chose me and I’m more than happy to know that there are people who enjoy my work.
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and is meant to encourage them to keep writing.
The rules of this award are as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the giver.
2. Answer the giver’s questions.
3. Nominate five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
5. Post it on your blog.
(1) What is it that you like about blogging?
I’m able to showcase my work and express my thoughts. It’s meaningful to me because these words are mine and they come from deep within. I can write, share it with others who have similar interests and receive feedback. It’s something I’ll always appreciate.
(2) What is your favorite time of year and why?
When summer fades into fall. The air is crisp and refreshing, it’s warm but not hot and there’s a subtle breeze. It’s the perfect weather to admire the scenery or to go out and have fun.
(3) If the Internet didn’t exist, and hence the possibility of blogging, would you still write? If not, what would you do instead to get the same satisfaction?
Of course. I still write with a pen in my diary at least once a week. I can’t escape putting my imagination and experiences on paper to preserve, and I don’t want to.
(4) What’s your biggest weakness/indulgence?
I see others my age who are successful and on their own and I’m nowhere near that. I find myself comparing myself to them. My weakness is being too hopeful about my future in writing. It’s what I want to do and I have to push myself sometimes to get that dream out of my head and to slave away in another field. Then the other half of me says to never give up.
(5) If you won the lottery next week, would you make any major changes in your life? What?
Definitely. I’d be out and on my own, away from where I currently reside. I’d be somewhere warm, in a city where I have a better shot at my career. My college loans would be paid off and so would my brothers’ and my boyfriend’s. We’re all being held back because of them. I’d get my parents to where they want to be and I’d certainly go traveling all over the place.
I nominate these blogs for the Liebster Award:
My five questions:
What inspired you to start blogging?
Out of all your posts, which is your favorite?
What stimulates your imagination?
Is where you are in life where you saw yourself five years ago?
Out of the twelve months each year, which month best represents your eyes? Why?