My life is still unraveling, but here are the little things that once made my big world go round. Read More
I cut this out of a local paper a few months ago and kept it on my desk so that I’d be reminded of the important things. This is something worth reading.
1. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams.
2. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it’s the only way to live life completely.
3. Don’t judge people by their relatives.
4. Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.
5. Remember the three Rs:
Respect for self,
Respect for others,
Responsibility for your actions.
6. Don’t overlook life’s small joys while searching for big ones.
7. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
8. Be the first to fight for a just cause.
9. Remember that no time is wasted that makes two or more people better friends.
10. Never say anything uncomplimentary about another person’s dog.
11. Don’t think expensive equipment will make up for lack of talent or practice.
12. Memorize your favorite love poem.
13. Do the right thing, regardless of what others think.
14. Judge people from where they stand, not from where you stand.
15. Life will sometimes give you a magical moment. Savor it.
16. Don’t confuse comfort with happiness or wealth with success.
17. Be the first to forgive.
18. Spend some time alone.
19. Be an original. If that means being a little eccentric, so be it.
20. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
21. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
22. When you say “I Love You”, mean it.
23. Watch your attitude. It’s the first thing people notice about you.
24. Remember that the more you know, the less you fear.
25. Be humble & polite, but don’t let people push you around.
26. Don’t let weeds grow around your dreams.
27. Remember that how you say something is just as important as what you say.
28. Read between the lines.
29. Don’t think you can fill an emptiness in your heart with money.
30. Remember that the shortest way to travel anywhere is to have good company with you.
31. Take criticism and praise with equal grace.
32. Remember that what’s right isn’t always popular & what’s popular isn’t always right.
33. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
34. Never risk what you can’t afford to lose.
35. Remember that ignorance is expensive.
36. Learn the rules, then break some.
37. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
38. Don’t confuse foolishness with bravery and kindness with weakness.
39. Life is too short. Eat more pancakes than ricecakes.
40. Follow your own star.
41. Remember the ones you love.
42. Follow your dreams.
From athletes to farmers, the Border Collie is a favored dog breed. Originally developed to herd sheep along the border between England and Scotland, it’s an energized and remarkably intelligent workaholic. Also known to be a top dog in agility, flyball, Frisbee, obedience, and sheepdog trials, it’s a highly-trainable companion.
Bred to be on the move, Border Collies should be kept occupied with plenty of exercise. Without activities or a challenge for the mind, this working class pooch can wind up getting into trouble, as it may challenge the authority of its owner.
That said, this smart canine isn’t ideal for someone who isn’t going to keep it active. This breed isn’t recommended for apartment-life or families with small children, since it has strong herding instincts and may try rounding up kids.
With lots of love, exercise, space, and physical and mental activities, the Border Collie will be satisfied. Know that it also requires some brushing, as this breed does shed. On average, it lives 12-15 years and weighs between 25 and 45 pounds.
My dachshund, Dallas, enjoying the crisp end-of-summer air after a bath.